Just for Kids accepts applications from organizations or individuals proposing to empower and/or enrich the lives of children in the San Miguel Watershed (Telluride, Norwood, Redvale, Nucla, Naturita, Paradox and in between). Our focus is on children from birth to high school graduation.
Just for Kids will accept applications for up to $5,000 from public, private, and nonprofit organizations who are serving groups of children in the San Miguel Watershed.
Individual grants are awarded to children under the age of 19 who seek funding for personal enrichment. Maximum award is $500.
Applications will be accepted starting September 7th and are due by October 7, 2018 at 12:00pm. Applications that are received after October 7th, will not be accepted. JFK will not award grants to projects or expenses that have occurred prior to application deadline.
Applications will be available for both non-profit organizations and individuals who are pursuing funding for personal enrichment programs. Applications will be made available on this page for online submission, so check back when the application is live. Grants are awarded at a reception in mid-late December. Amendments to the award process may be made at the discretion of the JFK Board of Directors.
Individuals seeking grant support up to can apply two times/year: during the Fall granting process and during the Spring Man of La Mancha Grant Cycle.
All applicants are required to attend a 15-minute interview with the JFK Board. These interviews are held in Telluride and Norwood for your convenience in October. A representative will contact you to schedule your interview upon receipt of your application.
JFK Priorities & Criteria for Funding
- Projects that provide a high quality experience for children
- Applications that are complete, submitted on time, and comply with all of the requested requirements
- Applications submitted by efficient, well-run organizations/projects
- Organizations/Individuals that demonstrate effective collaborations
- Projects that offer innovative solutions to existing challenges and serve regional youth
- Projects with outcomes that can be measured to determine effectiveness
- Organizations/Individuals (if previous JFK recipients) that have successfully used grants from JFK
Follow Up Form
All recipients are required to complete and submit an on-line Follow-Up Form along with your next grant request for which you are applying for funds OR within one year of your funding (whichever comes first). If a Follow-Up Form is not received within one year of the original application, award winners will be requested to return funds. Repeat requests will not be considered without a Follow-Up Form.